In February 2014, the Mail reported on the police investigation into claims that a 10 year-old boy was sexually abused by a ‘beloved’ popstar.
Since the article there have been no further media updates nor any information from police sources detailing whether the singer has been arrested or not.
This is highly unusual and seems to suggest the singer has friends in very high-places who don’t want the allegations to be publicised.
According to the Mail:
‘ Beloved pop star ‘abused 10-year-old boy’: Alleged victim and witness have spoken to Savile police officers
- Accuser claims he was abused when he was just 10, it has been reported
- A witness to the alleged attack has also spoken to police officers
- The famous singer has not been identified for legal reasons
One of the world’s most famous pop stars is being investigated by police over claims that he sexually abused a ten-year-old boy.
The music legend is said to be terrified of arrest after a witness came forward to report an alleged attack on a schoolboy said to have taken place decades ago.
Detectives from Operation Yewtree, the Scotland Yard investigation set up to examine historical sex abuse claims in the wake of the Jimmy Savile scandal, are understood to have taken a statement from the victim last year.
But in recent weeks police have also spoken to a witness who apparently backs up the claims by the man.
The pop star is accused of abuse dating back several decades. Police are examining a number of witness statements alleging historical sex assaults by him, it was claimed yesterday.
The musician, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is said to be petrified of being arrested by detectives and has recently held a number of frantic meetings with his lawyers.
Yesterday a source close to the inquiry said: ‘This is huge, and detectives are examining more than one witness statement. The alleged victim was very young at the time, which makes it a more serious allegation. This inquiry is not going to go away, and police will make arrests when they feel they have enough to do so.’
A spokesman for the veteran artist, who has had a number of hit records, declined to comment yesterday.
Operation Yewtree was launched in October 2012 after Savile, who died aged 84 in 2011, was exposed as a predatory paedophile who abused hundreds of victims. It has three strands – one looking at Savile, another focusing on ‘Savile and others’ and a third concentrating on those not linked to the former BBC DJ and TV presenter.
The operation has cost £2.7million so far, of which £490,000 has been paid out in overtime to the 30-strong detective team. It has led to 16 arrests, with four people charged and five suspects remaining on bail.
Among the stars arrested as part of the inquiry are 83-year-old entertainer Rolf Harris, who denies 12 charges of indecent assault and four counts of making indecent images of children.
PR guru Max Clifford, 70, has pleaded not guilty to 11 indecent assaults. Others arrested include pop paedophile Gary Glitter, 69, and radio presenter Paul Gambaccini, 64. Comedian Freddie Starr, 71, has been arrested three times over abuse claims.
Former Radio One DJ Chris Denning, 72, a colleague of Savile, has also been held three times over alleged sexual offences. All deny the allegations.
A Metropolitan Police spokesman refused to comment on the investigation last night.’
In January 2013, the Mirror carried an article about police investigations into an alleged high-level paedophile ring that operated at the Elm guest house in Barnes.
“A list of names seized by police probing allegations of child abuse includes ministers, members of the royal household and a world-famous pop star, the Sunday People can reveal.
All were recorded as visitors to a suburban guest house that operated as a gay brothel.
Now some could be suspects in an investigation into a network of powerful people who were secret paedophiles for years.”
The following anonymous comment was made on a political blog which was discussing the list:
” Could this be the same quite famous singer who in the early days of his career also used to hang out in Morocco with Krays, Coward etc, and now lives in Surrey?
Is he the same singer the local police went to see before news of the So-vile scandal broke and warned that he should stop attending certain parties in the county held by rich business men who were shipping in pre-teen male children from South America for weekend-long orgies and then promptly shipping them out again – allegedly?
If so, unthinkable to even imagine that the police might have given him a bit of ‘friendly’, and why?
Because it came from on high, and though the local plod were disgusted and wanted to act, those on high felt the nations psyche wouldn’t benefit from such news – the singer being a good ……… and all.”
How very, very strange indeed.
The clock is ticking on Britain’s dirty secrets…..