Translate

Friday, May 30, 2008

Unofficial Poll Indicates That Ireland Will Reject Lisbon.




An American called Robert Coillean left a highly emotive piece in the comments to a post I wrote on the coming referendum in Ireland on the Lisbon Treaty. I posted Robert Coillean's piece HERE as it was so well written, and that too has attracted many Irish commenters.

This morning a commenter called Bob, writing below Coillean's piece, says that he thinks the 'No' vote will prevail. He explains why he has formed that opinion -

Europe has been very good for Ireland but now I think they are taking it too far. I will be voting against Lisbon and am telling everyone I know to do the same. Wolfe Tone, Fr John Murphy, Paddy Pearse among countless others didn't die just to see us vote away our soverignty which took hundreds of years and thousands of lives to finally achieve. Soon we will be living under laws created by people in Brussels who are unanswerable and unaccountable to anybody. Judging by most people I've talked to I think theres a good chance that the 'No' vote will prevail.

Bob is not the only commenter that has expressed that opinion.

I should pass this 'Bob says so' polling method over to Mike Smithson of politicalbetting.com, an acknowledged polling expert, to evaluate its authenticity. But if Bob says Ireland's going to reject Lisbon, I, for one, am prepared to believe him!

2 comments:

Jonny said...

Hi, I'm with a group called We Are Change who have been actively campaigning on the streets for a No vote since December. I firmly believe that No will win. The No side are putting in so much effort to educate the People. Most of the people I've come across while out in the street were going to vote No. We've also been doing door to door work which have turned a lot of 'undeciders' into 'No voters' in the matter of minutes! We've handed out over 100,000 fliers so far and 1000s of Documentary. Our documentary End of Nations - EU Takeover & the Lisbon Treaty is now number 1 watched movie on Google Video! Over 100,000 views! The RED C poll RTE News has reported on where the Yes side are leading by 10% is nothing because in the same polls conducted under the Nice Treaty the Yes side were apparently ahead by 30% which ended up nearly going the other way in the actual Referendum! Anyway that's my 2 cents! :P Keep up the good work on the blog! :D

Jonny said...

*sorry meant to say number 1 watched movie in Ireland